In case you needed a reminder of how quickly time passes… (Above photo via Derrick Mealiffe/Flickr)
1. You haven’t been to a game at Memorial Auditorium in 20 years. The last game was played there in 1996.
2. Nobody has worked at Bethlehem Steel in nearly 30 years. Most employees had been let go by 1983, or 33 years ago.
3. No passenger train has stopped at Buffalo Central Terminal in almost 40 years. The last train left the station on October 28, 1979.
4. You haven’t seen the Buffalo Bills in a playoff game since the last century, 17 years ago in 1999.
5. You haven’t had a Plantation Pop in at least 12 years. Visniak shuttered in 2004.
6. You haven’t seen the Bison play at Offermann Stadium in over 56 years. They played their last game there in 1960.
7. You haven’t ridden the Comet at Crystal Beach in nearly 30 years. The park closed in 1989.
8. You haven’t taken the Candania in even longer—the ferry boat to Crystal Beach last sailed to Ontario in 1956, or 60 years ago.
9. You haven’t shopped at AM&A’s in over two decades. The downtown location closed in 1995 after operating for a couple of years as Bon Ton.
10. You haven’t driven over the old Father Baker Bridge in over 25 years. The potholed mess was demolished around 1990.
11. You haven’t watched a TV show on WNEQ in 15 years. It converted to a commercial station in 2001.
12. You haven’t gotten your news, sports and weather from Irv Weinstein, Rick Azar, and Tom Jolls in 27 years. Azar retired from Eyewitness News in 1989.
13. You’ve been shopping at the Walden Galleria for nearly 30 years. It opened in 1989, the same year Azar retired.
14. The youngest player for the Buffalo Bills is outside linebacker Max Valles. At 21 years old, he graduated high school in 2012. Just four years ago.